Jan 31, 2011

The Treadmill of Life



Image: http://promotehealth.info/


So many thoughts, so many words. Where oh where do I begin?
So many lives, so many deaths, survive through thick and thin.
The treadmill moves with random speed and I, I must keep up;
I must keep running with the belt, and I cannot give up.

There is a treadmill for each man, it's made for him to run;
To run a lot, both fast and slow, to get much in life done.
And man has absolutely no. control over the belt.
Because G-d has the remotes and he controls the “velt”.

And I am on that treadmill now, and it is moving fast.
I'm out of breath, I'm tired now, I don't know if I'll last.
So much is happening to me; home, work, school and much more.
And I can't stop. And I can't fall. I have what to keep on running for.

So many times in life I want to stop the treadmill in its track.
I want so hard to press on pause, to take a few steps back.
I am petrified to move ahead, my feet won't move along.
My entire being screeches “No”. And the feeling is so wrong.

I know deep down that if I stop, my end will be right there.
So on and on and on I go. All that pain I bear.
No matter what might come my way, I have to carry on.
'Cause if I don't I'll fall right off. the treadmill and be gone.