Feb 17, 2011

Jew Girl, Are you still thinking?

Image: http://www.ezgeta.com

Hey Jew Girl, Are you still thinking?

I've been missing for awhile, I know

What are you thinking about?

I am thinking of speed.

Speed?

Yes. And disposables.

I think you are tired.

I am.

Go to sleep.

Isn't it amazing how laborious making your own Shabbos can be. I mean, I am just panicking and sweating only thinking about it. Not to mention, I haven't done one thing for tomorrow yet.
I thought I had enough time. I thought I had an entire week. But the week flew by. It flew by quickly. Too quickly for me to notice, too quickly for me to eat, too quickly for me to sleep, too quickly for me to prepare for what lay ahead of me. And I just hung onto the wave that was moving with great speed for dear life. And then we crashed. Then came Shabbos.
And I was not prepared.

That was speed.

I have no choice. I must do something. I can never possibly put meals together in so little time! I run to the store and I ask for disposable plates. I ask for disposable cups. Disposable napkins. Disposable forks. Disposable knives. Disposable everything. I ask for disposable pots. I get a weird look. Apparently, they do not exist yet.

I need to dispose. I cannot commit to a plate or a knife for too long.

The speed creates the need for me to use disposable.

I hope. I truly hope, I don't become disposable.