May 17, 2011

A Meaningless Blog About Meaning


Image: http://threeminds.organic.com


me: I am aware of that fact...
  I wish i could go somewhere warm where I am alone and sleep for a year
  ok I sound tired to myself
  love you
 Voice of reason: and when you wake up, what do you expect?
 me
11:41 PM      I expect to be so busy that i won't have time to contemplate life and its meaning
  because in essence it is meaningless
 Voice of reason: rav soleveitchik asserts that struggle with life is the essence of its value
 me: and we do all sorts of things to induce us with adrenaline and things that will alter our state of nothingness
  and some help for some time and keep us excited and motivated
11:42 PM but the realist sees through it all, through all the activity
  into the nothingness
11:43 PM because there is no value actually and it is hard to understand why we give so much value to something which inherently has no value
 Voice of reason: why dont you read the new biography on Jabotinsky? You will be quite surprised...
 me: that's great
11:44 PM because right now i am reading theories on apostates and heretics in the middle ages
  and how Jews converted to Christianity and Christians converted to Judaism
  and everyone was running back and forth
  and so what!?
  I ask
  so what!
11:45 PM Voice of reason: I was not aware that Christians were converting to Judaism in the middle ages!
 me: few
  but there are clear accounts
 Voice of Reason: were they geiriei tzedek?
 me: that's what some called them
 Voice of Reason: wow!
11:46 PM BH we have a pretty much clear direction and we need to keep our focus clear,
  i think you are doing a remarkable job with all these challenges!
11:47 PM me
  you are sweet
11:48 PM really