Dec 24, 2011

Great Expectations

Image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com
I did. I had great expectations.
I wanted you to understand what I meant without me saying it.
I wanted you to understand what I meant when I said the opposite of what I was feeling.
I wanted you to understand.
I wanted you to respond perfectly.
Just like they do in Hollywood.

When I said that I hate you.
I was saying that I love you and am so petrified of getting hurt.
I wanted you to hug me. I wanted you to tell me that I shouldn't be scared because no matter what, we loved each other and we would work it out.
When I said I could never trust you again.
I meant to say that I am petrified of being betrayed.
I wanted you to hold me tight.
To tell me that there was nothing to fear.
That you would be by my side until we figured this out one way or another.

When I told you to leave and never come back.
I meant to say don't walk out on me and leave me alone or leave me hanging.

I was shocked when you took my words literally and walked out the door.

My words have meaning.
I hope this didn't cheapen them.

I expected you to know what I felt and thought.
I expected you to understand the meaning of the words not spoken.
I expected you to ignore the meaning of the words spoken.
I had great expectations.