Apr 12, 2011

The Dating Fortress

Image: http://www.castlemania.han.ks.ua


Remember those walls I've built?
Well they aren't tumbling down and I have this theory that any guy I go out with unsuccessfully, I add another few layers of brick to my fortress. 
At a certain point I am petrified, because I realize that people aren't dating people anymore. Or are they?
Fortresses are dating fortresses. And then they wonder why the sparks aren't flying, and why fireworks aren't erupting out of thin air. 

I went out with a guy, let's call him Jonathan. We go out a few times. Talk a lot. About lots of things, jokes, thoughts, different religious groups, different, countries, lots of jokes, you name it. 
And we kept on going out and out and out and out and you get the point... and after quite a few dates we were pretty much at the same point where we were at date one. 

And then he tells me: It's not going anywhere.

And I say: DUH! It's not going anywhere. Because we aren't taking it anywhere!
I didn't say it. Because I didn't feel like pushing it. 

But I was saddened by the realization that I was not willing to put myself out there and become vulnerable and get hurt because it happened one times too many and whatever his story was that I did not know and will never find out. 

So my question is... how does it happen to individuals who are seemingly so normal and wonderful and cheerful and friendly but who's  insides are guided with revolving swords?