Jun 5, 2011

The Brat In The Hat

Image: http://4.bp.blogspot.com


We were sitting alone, my make-up and I
My mom left us home, I thought I would die
The heat was intense, the air was so dry
So we sat indoors, my make-up and I

And then from the distance a Bachur comes in
He stands tall and straight, his features are thin
He moves aside to reveal a large bin
And he says: "Oh come on. Invite me in!"

"I'm the Brat in the Hat!" the Bachur then said.
"I do not allow boys in my flat then," I said.
"But I'm wearing a hat!" he said and turned red
"Oh that?!" So come in, but don't mess with my head.

He then took his bin and entered the flat
And out came two boys: Boy This and Boy That.
Boy This was a flirt and he tried to attract.
Boy That was a nerd, but a Tzaddik downpat.

I found out Boy This had a girlfriend away
And yet he chatted me up in a provocative way
I chatted, but felt guilt well up in my day
And he couldn't care less, he flirted away.

Boy That was so nice, he took out some change
And bought me some wine, which was good of age.
He told me that for me he would change.
And for me he would go all the way to the moon's range.

I struggled between Boy This and Boy That
And I didn't know what I was getting at
In the end I screamed that I am ugly and fat
And forced the brat in the hat out of my flat.

Get out of my flat! I screamed with a roar.
And Boy This and Boy That, I want them to soar.
I am sick and tired! I don't want anymore.
So just leave really fast. Before you ruin my decor.

So the brat in the hat left me alone
Feeling bereft, left, and thrown
I knew that now I had grown
I finally had realized what I had not known.

We were sitting alone, my make-up and I
I was thinking again, I wiped up my eye
My mother came home, and some latkes did fry
And the Brat in the Hat somewhere did fly.