Oct 25, 2011

Worthless Meetings

Image: http://microminime.files.wordpress.com


One of the most embarrassing stories of my life. 

Gmail has a feature where when you try to send emails in the late hours of the night, a math pop-up comes to the screen which makes you solve simple mathematical problems.
If you get one of them wrong, gmail refuses to send the email and declares: water and bed to you or try again.


Sometimes I wish my life and my mouth and my hand had automatic TIRED sensors.

I was parting from someone dear to me and in my good bye letter which was written at a crazy hour of the night  I wrote: "Every moment spent with you was worthless."

Content that I finished my job, I delivered the note and went to sleep.

In the morning, I was approached by my friend who asked me to read the sentence over and explain the situation."

I did, and in my infinite state of fatigue, I didn't realize that worthless is not the word I wanted to use. I meant to say MEANINGLESS.

My friend gave me the weirdest look in the world. And I stood there befuddled wondering why it sounded so wrong.

A few hours later I realized that the word I wanted to use so badly was PRICELESS.

Isn't it interesting how some expressions can technically have a certain meaning, but just because they, aren't accepted, they don't mean what they potentially could.