May 29, 2011

Guest Post on Women's Rights & Fights

Image: 
This above picture is “Young Lady with a Shiner” By: Norman Rockwell”




A few posts ago I invited guests to submit posts and share with readers.
I must say, I was quite surprised by some of the submissions and am contemplating whether to put them up or not.
Not exactly what I expected.
But here is an adorable poem submitted by HEA:




That was one swell fight!
I got that kid mighty good!
I beat him up nice and proper,
Better than any boy could!!

I don’t feel my shiner,
Nor do I care one drop
About my sorry mess of clothes,
Or about my messed up mop.

My teacher is in the office
Telling the principal about me,
But I don’t really care at all;
That fight was fun, you see.

My teacher is too prim and fine
To know what fun I had,
Why, I bet she never fought in her life,
Not even just a tad.

Oh, I know exactly what
The principal will say:
That I am a young lady
And need to act that way.

But we live in the 1950s,
Where women want their rights,
And I think that part of that,
Should allow us to have fights!