May 14, 2011

When Your Ex Gets Married

Image: http://media.screened.com/uploads


What happens when someone you went out with: either seriously or not gets married. To someone else?
Do you expect to be invited? What are the feelings involved?

If you have dated more than one person, this will probably, maybe even hopefully for the sake of humanity and continuity happen to you.
Well, it is happening to me. And surprisingly, I feel nothing. Maybe because it was nothing serious, maybe because we parted on good terms and maintained a friendly relationship after we ended dating.
Maybe because somewhere I had the upper hand in making the decision and I knew it really was not my significant other. For a million of reasons maybe, and yet it gets me thinking.

I met the guys' father after his son got engaged. Oh and by the way, the father wanted me to marry his son, more than his son wanted it. I love it when people of the age of sixty and above fall in love with me. The day someone younger then forty will like me might be the beginning of a new era.
Anyhow, I wished him a hearty mazal tov. He winked at me and said: "Personally, you know what I would have preferred. But life had it differently."

I smiled. "Oh, sure I know what you mean! Maybe if your son would not have dated three other girls at the same time he was dating me, there would have been more to talk about." But seriously, great news, I wish him much hatzlacha in all his endeavors.

Lechaim