Jan 30, 2012

The Best Way To Break Up

Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com


I keep on changing my opinions about break-ups.

Let's keep this one to short term relationships: 1-6 dates.

If you know you want to break up with a guy, do you make him come to you and break up in person?
Or do you do it on the phone to give him some privacy?

If you decide to do it over the phone, do you call him as soon as you decide, or do you wait for him to call and then end it? Perhaps he was going to end it himself?


Do you thank him for taking you out?
Do you tell him you like him (if you really did)?
Do you keep it curt?

Do you talk first?
Do you wait for him to talk?

I broke up with a guy last night.
I really liked him, but I just felt like we had nothing in common.
I feel so sad that it had to end.
You are probably thinking to yourself that I am an idiot for ending it if it didn't have to end.
And perhaps I am.
There are things I am looking for in a husband. He didn't have some non-negotiable objectives.
Isn't it important for us to have the same ideals?