Nov 29, 2010

Waiting for the Phone to Ring

Image:  http://www.engageselling.com/


To borrow a quote from some stupid movie: Waiting for the phone to ring is like waiting for rain in the desert. 
Woman extended power over man by influencing him to eat from the tree of wisdom, and in response 
G-d cursed her with the scary words of Vehu Yimshol Bach, and he shall control you.

And we, poor women, for countless generations have been suffering from that terrible curse. 
And, although true, the curse is much less prevalent today than it was in the past few centuries, the curse manifests itself in waiting for that call. 
That unwritten rule, of you can't call, he has to call, and if you dare call him before a date, all hell will break loose and you will be put in a mental asylum until the end of days. 

I spent too much of my life waiting for the phone to ring and I propose a revolution. Perhaps a reform. I am not such a fan of drastic change with blood and tears. 
I do not know if my nervous system can handle that. 

On that note, it is almost Chanukah.... and there are two adorable videos of Yiddishized Pop produced by friends of mine: ENJOY!