Sep 2, 2011

Thanks Guys




Image: http://blog.doostang.com

Once upon a time a friend of mine called me up. She said she was taking the day off from work. She wanted to know when class was over for me. She would pick me up and we would do something fun together.

We spent the entire afternoon in some of the coolest places Manhattan has to offer. We chatted about life. We laughed about the old days. We spoke about meaning. I had missed her all this time.

When she dropped me off that night she thanked me. Because that night would have been her first wedding anniversary had she married the guy she was previously engaged to. It slightly freaked me out that I was spending the wedding night with her but I was honored at the same time that she chose me.

So guys, I want to say, I chose you. Today, I have come full circle. Because today a year ago I could have gotten married. I've come a long way since then, see As Time Goes By. And I have you to thank for it.

This is probably the last time I will write about "unrealized anniversaries" because it is already faded in my mind. I thought of it today because I wanted to thank all of you dear readers for being with me through this experience.

I started blogging after I broke my engagement. I wanted an outlet. I wanted support. I wanted to talk and hear back from people I never knew before, people with different perspectives.

So I've developed this habit where I wake up in the morning waiting to find out what Princess Leah thinks about attractive dating, to see if Masculine Jew is still Masculine... to read what lovely thing Yedid Nefesh has to say, whether Shocked will say something shocking... to hear the shadchan's perspective from Shades of Grey. To hear all those anonymous comments... I do not know who they are from. I love reading them anyways.  And so many others.

I would also like to thank my family for coming through and supporting me in my blogging endeavor. My friends for following along, offering criticism out of love and support when needed.

In a funny virtual way you have become a support. And I thank you. And I wish you a Shabbat Shalom.