Sep 4, 2011

To Tell Or Not To Tell




Image: http://s4.hubimg.com 

Moral Dilemma in my case. 

I have a friend who was struggling with the idea of Orthodoxy. At some point she decided she had enough of it and decided to go off the derech. 
When a few guys heard about her change in lifestyle, they confused secularism with another ancient female profession and asked her to become their friends with benefits. 
Now she told me about one particular guy, let's call him Josh, who she was particularly shocked about because he had a reputation of being devoutly religious. 

Forward one year. 
I meet a friend from college in Shul and invite her over for a meal. She asks if she could bring her boyfriend along. Sure, no problem. 
She walks in the door, and lo and behold. Her boyfriend is... JOSH!

Now, what do I do? Do I tell her? If you were in my shoes what would you do? What do you think should be done? And if you were her, would you want to know?