Nov 30, 2011

Joyous Moments in Life


Image: http://www.prescriptionwealth.com


Every now and again I am struck by moments which make life worth living. 

Life continues unfolding.
I am a player settled into a routine quite pleasant.
From one point of reference to another.
From one friend to another.

And then there are moments which make your heart beat faster.
And moments which make your heart stop.
Moments which make you all fuzzy and warm inside.
Moments you will remember with a smile fifty years from now.

Unexpected moments of joy.
Moments when you can't believe they are happening to you
Because they only happen in Hollywood.
Moments which are fleeting.
Moments where impact lasts forever.

Moments for which we were created.


I was sitting at work focusing on the work piling in, trying to keep up with the load.
I was called to the front desk.
I didn't know what they wanted from me.
I walked out.
And there he was.
Standing with a blue rose in his hand.
He came to see me and put a smile on my face.
Needless to say, I spent my lunch break with him.
We talked about nothing and everything.
We laughed at the world passing us by.
And then we had to go our separate ways.