Dec 29, 2011

Awkward Date Moments

Image: http://www.ornot2b.com

Granted, it's been awhile since I've been on a first date.

As I was sitting in a restaurant with this guy some friend thought I should meet, we are chatting up.
He is giving me the eye-flirt-stare as he is talking. I am sitting there wondering if I should play along and flirt him out of his kishkes.
At first I was sweet and on the quieter side.
As he continued talking about his life, job, friends, and food, I thought what the heck and jumped in with my sarcastic comments.
I think Mr. Guy was blown away.
After a fifteen minute back and forth, he looks at me and says: you are not at all what you seem to be.
I stare at him.
Um, and what exactly do I seem to be?
Aidel.
Thank you.
Indeed. I am an aidel maidel. You are the first person who ever categorized me as such. Able to see to my essence.

As we are sitting there engrossed in conversation this little petite thing with long brown hair stops by our table and stares at guy. Oh my gosh, what a coincidence (!!!) Hi!
He smiles awkwardly. Hi.
She has him cornered: I wrote you an email. Did you get it? You didn't respond.
Guy: Yeah, I've been extremely busy and couldn't get to your email.
Girl: Well, I sent you another one.
Guy: I'll look at it.

Now I am sitting there observing this entire fiasco and thinking: ok, this guy clearly has some unresolved baggage. What in the world is going on?

To make things worse, the girl sat at the table across from us the entire evening staring and glaring at the guy.

Seriously!?

I might have dated guys in the past but it is not exactly like I bring all of my exes on dates to stare me down while i am trying to meet someone else.